Karisma Peace of Mind ™ is our dedicated well-being program that includes cleanliness, sanitation, and service best practices. You can count on Karisma Hotels & Resorts to go above and beyond in terms of cleanliness, adding greater transparency to our sanitation procedures to ensure guests are able to truly relax during their vacation. We are employing advanced technologies across all operations to counter virus spread and safeguard the health of our employees and guests. We have always prioritized sanitation and hygiene as a brand. We have partnered with leading health, wellness and sustainable organizations to elevate our cleaning protocols include Cristal International Standards (alliance since 2013), EarthCheck (a member since 2013) and we are also working with Delos Well Living to bring a holistic, scientifically backed approach to well-being to our initiatives – a program endorsed by Dr. Deepak Chopra.
We are implementing over 100 new protocols and updated guidelines to ensure your safety, with a major focus on new technologies and service standards. Some highlights include new air purification systems, ultraviolet sanitizing equipment, digital solutions to replace most paper touchpoints, such as restaurant menus, web-based pre-check-in and express check-out options. Redesigned layouts that let you enjoy our public spaces while keeping our Guest Inclusive ethos intact – you can enjoy almost everything you love about our hotels, just with more social distance.
In the subsequent pages, you will find a summary of our enhanced protocols for cleanliness and sanitation. As a destination resort, guests come to us to restore, relax and escape from the stresses of everyday life, which is why we need to provide peace of mind about cleanliness in an unobtrusive, yet extremely reliable way.
Employee and Guest Health
- Cleaning & Sanitization: Updating of cleaning protocols (frequency product certification endorsed by FDA and EPA). Cleaning and sanitization protocols for Bellman, Front Desk, Golf Carts, Luggage and Lobby Area.
- Signage: Implementation of informative signage concerning social distancing and other safety measures, strategically placed throughout the property.
- Training: Prior to the reopening of our resorts, a massive staff training and mandatory internal and external certifications for COVID-19 protocols and prevention measures will be required for all team members.
- Employee health check: All team members will pass mandatory health and temperature controls and thermal cameras will be installed for staff which can identify persons with high temperatures. We will be implementing obligatory social distancing in all employee restaurants and locker facilities. We will be placing sanitizing mats on strategic entrances in front and back of the house.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): We will be providing all our team members PPE for each specific area and department; PPE kits/baskets as guest amenity, including sanitizing gel, disinfection wipes etc. throughout different strategic areas of our resorts.
Cleaning Protocols and Sanitation
- Public / Common Areas: A banner will be displayed in the lobby indicating an overview of our sanitation measure with a QR code for additional details. Installation of social distancing signage with a maximum number of people at any one time for elevators with required use of hand sanitizer. Updated cleaning protocols for high-traffic contact areas to include increased frequency of cleaning (i.e. door handles, handrails, touchscreens, elevator buttons, pool chairs/side tables, etc). Digital factsheets / infographics will post-COVID19 measures will be displayed throughout the resort through our apps, TV screens and more at the resort.
- Guest Rooms: Implementation of door hangers indicating to guests that their rooms have been completely sanitized prior to their arrival (We certify that this room has been cleaned and sanitized, using the procedures and products endorsed by EPA, FDA, CRISTAL, SAFE HOTELS, DELOS). Housekeeping efforts to include cups protected with plastic bags after cleaning; temporary cancelation of reusable glass bottles, exchanged with single use water bottles (PET); sanitizing wipes as part of the room amenity options; coffee stirrers in individual packaging. Turn down service will continue to be offered on a request basis. Personalized mini bar service on request.
- F&B Outlets: Social distancing layouts in all restaurants. Place social distancing tent card on blocked tables. Reassignment of furniture on terraces and offer alternative open-air venues.
- Concierge Gazebos and Butler Service: Automatic hand sanitizer dispensers located throughout concierge gazebos/desks. Availability of a digital factsheet/infographic of all POST COVID 19 implemented measures. Pillow and soap menus will be available via digital version for specific room categories where these amenities offered. The in-room aroma scents will still be continued to be provided.
- Entertainment: Enforcing social distancing for low risk evening entertainment according to the infrastructure of each property. Fun social distancing campaigns and child friendly explanations (play style) are to be implemented prior to the beginning of the events.
- Waterpark: The entrance to the park will be organized and separated by rows and markings, respecting social distancing guidelines by adjusting the layout of the sunbed loungers and more.
- Welcome Service: Bellman will offer hand sanitizer to all guests as they arrive. Hand sanitizer dispensers will be located throughout the common areas of the resort. A ‘help yourself’ basket of disposable masks and sanitizing wipes will be available for all guests.
- Check-In / Check-Out: Social distancing markers will be installed, and guests will be assisted by staff during the check-in process. Plexiglas barriers will be installed at the front desk. Implementation of online check-in for all destinations. A separate Lobby area will be designated for self-service check-in via tablet which will be sanitized after each use. Express check-out will be available to all guests.
- Luggage: Luggage will be sanitized upon arrival; with prior guest authorization and will be marked with a luggage tag indicating the bag has been sanitized.
- Room Key Cards: Room keys can be deposited in designated drop box. Sanitization of room keys with a UV light or disinfectant wipe.
- Spa & Hydrotherapy Area: Sanitation rule implemented across all facilities/equipment. All guests must register in advance and acknowledge/comply with rules. Sanitizing floor mats at entrances. Updates for cleaning procedures and disinfection protocols for all spa areas. Limited capacity and appointment regulations to be implemented. A Simple Wellness program will be developed for outdoor activities, respecting social distancing and indicated a limited number of participants. Reservations for the hydrotherapy area will be required and will be sanitized between appointments. Updated cleaning protocols (frequency and EPA product certification) for the lockers, showers, sauna/steam room, thermal blankets, massage beds, etc.
- Fitness Center: Sanitation rule implemented across all facilities/equipment. All guests must register in advance and acknowledge/comply with rules. Sanitizing floor mats at entrances. Updates for cleaning procedures and disinfection protocols for all fitness areas. Limited capacity and appointment regulations to be implemented. Amenities will be available in individual packages. Daily activity schedules and offerings to be adjusted accordingly. Temporary implementation of ASEPCOL sanitization program for critical areas and equipment.
- Swimming Pools and Beaches: Redesign the layout for pool loungers and beach Bali day beds, respecting social distancing guidelines. Pool towels will be bagged and available at staff-controlled locations. The frequency in which pool deck is cleaned will increase including pool lounge chairs / tables and Bali beds.
- Kids Club: Implementation of handwashing protocols every 30 minutes. Hand sanitizer stations available at the reception desk and restrooms and floor mats will be sanitized routinely. Increased measures for cleaning and sanitizing toys, materials, and surfaces. Cooking classes are suspended until further notice. Updating of cleaning procedures (frequency and certification of the product with EPA) with cleaning and disinfection protocols, temperature monitoring procedures, mandatory POST COVID 19 program training prior to re-opening, and all team members must complete POST COVID 19 awareness certification by the local Health Department or external agencies.
- Waterpark and Splash Parks: Splash parks, playgrounds and courts will be allowed while implementing social distancing for parents and children 3 and over. Waterparks will have sanitizing mats at various access points and hand sanitizing gel stations. A ‘family access log’ will continue to be implemented. Updating of cleaning protocols (frequency and product certification endorsed by FDA/EPA) with cleaning and disinfection protocols for pool furniture, bridges, stairs etc.
- Water park guest shuttle: The installation of acrylic divider in the center of the shuttle train will be implemented to guarantee the social distancing between guests.
- Entertainment: Daily activities will still be available with minor adjustments. Live music shows will still be available. Social distancing will be implemented for both.
- F&B Service: Reservations will be available via Open Table. Social distancing will be implemented. Gourmet bites and munchies to be packaged and served. Cleaning and sanitization to be implemented. Sanitizing fogging will be implemented in all F&B areas.
- Food Display: A la carte breakfast will be served (vs food displays)
- Menus: Digital versions of restaurant menus and wine menus will be available via QR Code
- Room Service: Room service menu to be available in digital format. Easy presentation and contactless delivery to be implemented.
These best practices are meant to focus on providing our guest and employees with the utmost reassurance and peace of mind that their wellbeing and health is at the heart of what we Karisma stands for. We look forward to welcoming you back to paradise.