We've Got All the Answers
Have any questions about Margaritaville Island Reserve Cap Cana? Take a look at our most frequently asked questions, and find the answers you need.
What extra procedures does Margaritaville Island Reserve Cap Cana have in place to mitigate the risk of coronavirus?
A vacation should be a respite from the rest of the world. That’s why we have introduced our Peace of Mind™ initiative — our promise to our guests that all areas of the property are cleaned and made safe to the highest standards. We take your health and welfare very seriously and have partnered with leading health and wellness organizations to elevate our cleaning protocols so our guests can enjoy total peace of mind every stay. More info.
Do you facilitate COVID-19 testing?
All Karisma Hotels & Resorts in the Riviera Maya region of Mexico, the Dominican Republic and Jamaica offer on-site covid-19 antigen and PCR testing options for guests at a reduced rate. Antigen testing is provided at an at-cost rate of $25 in Riviera Maya, Mexico, $31 in Negril, Jamaica, and $37 in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. PCR testing is provided at an at-cost rate of $132 in Riviera Maya, Mexico, $140 in Negril, Jamaica, and $81 in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.
If a guest’s test results are positive, quarantine accommodations will be provided at a 50% discount from current rates at time of travel. Arrangements and payment can be made directly on-site at the resorts. This rate will be extended until a doctor certifies clearance for travel with a negative test result, for a maximum stay not to exceed 14- nights.
Policies are subject to be reviewed and changed according covid-19 protocol updates.
Visit the CDC's website for more information on the requirements for U.S. residents, and check Karisma Peace of Mind for FAQs and updates.
Where can I find more information on your approach to Covid-19?
You may find Margaritaville Island Reserve Cap Cana latest Covid-19 related information by clicking here: Coronavirus.
Resort Policies & Info
What is Margaritaville Island Reserve?
Margaritaville Island Reserve by Karisma will be Margaritaville’s first group of all-inclusive resorts, which will be some of the largest and most luxurious beachfront properties in its growing hospitality portfolio. The new resort concept combines Karisma’s renowned service and incredible food and beverage, with Margaritaville’s authentic sense of escapism, signature food and beverage concepts, and iconic design elements.
- Margaritaville Island Reserve has all the indulgent amenities of a luxurious, all-inclusive hotel coupled with a laid-back, beach vibe, making it the perfect place for people who value exceptional quality and service excellence without any pretense.
- Margaritaville Island Reserve Cap Cana will be the first-ever all-inclusive Margaritaville resort opening in the Dominican Republic in fall of 2021.
- Additional locations include our resorts in Mexico: Margaritaville Island Reserve Riviera Cancun (open) and Margaritaville Island Reserve Riviera Maya (2021).
What is the difference between existing Margaritaville Resorts and Margaritaville Island Reserve?
- Margaritaville Island Reserve by Karisma will be Margaritaville’s first group of all-inclusive resorts, some of the most luxurious beachfront destinations where everything is included.
- Margaritaville Resorts are European Plan-based products whereas Margaritaville Island Reserve is ‘Island Reserve Inclusive’ (all-inclusive), combining Karisma’s renowned service and award-winning food and beverage with Margaritaville’s authentic sense of escapism, signature food and beverage concepts, and iconic design elements.
What time is check-in at the resort? Is early check-in possible?
Check-in at the resort is at 3 p.m. We also offer contactless check-in and check-out options.
What time is checkout at the resort? Is late checkout possible?
Checkout at the resort is at 12 p.m. We also offer contactless check-in and check-out options.
Is there an age minimum for check-in?
The minimum age for check-in at the resort is 18.
What is the resort’s cancellation policy?
For existing reservations rebooked by May 31, 2021:
Clients may change the travel dates of their current reservation for a future travel date between now and December 22, 2021 (travel completed by this date), without penalty.
When rescheduling travel dates:
New travel dates are subject to availability and black-out dates may apply.
Clients have the option to switch to another Karisma property within the same brand.
For new reservations booked March 9 – May 31, 2020, traveling anytime in 2020-2021:
Clients may change travel dates or cancel, without penalty, up to 24-hours prior to arrival.
When rescheduling travel dates:
New travel dates are subject to availability and black-out dates may apply. Clients have the option to switch to another Karisma property within the same brand.
Prevailing rates will apply for new travel dates.
Reservations are non-transferable; name changes and name additions are not accepted.
Is Margaritaville Island Reserve Cap Cana pet-friendly? What facilities and services are available for pets?
Unfortunately, pets are not allowed.
Is smoking allowed at the resort?
Margaritaville Island Reserve Riviera Cancún is a smoke free property.
How many pools does the resort have?
The resort has two pools and a spa.
How many restaurants and dining options does Margaritaville Island Reserve Cap Cana have?
Margaritaville Island Reserve Cap Cana offers several diverse dining options including five restaurants and five specialty bars.
Do you offer free Wi-Fi at the resort?
Yes, free Wi-Fi is available in all guest rooms and throughout the resort.
Is there a gym at the resort?
Yes, there is an on-site fitness center at the resort.
Do you charge a resort fee?
Margaritaville Island Reserve Cap Cana by Karisma is an Island Reserve Inclusive (All Inclusive) property and as such there are no resort fees. For more information, click here.
Are children welcome at Margaritaville Island Reserve Cap Cana? What facilities and services are available for children?
Children of all ages are always welcome at the resort. We offer Parakeets Kid's Club with complimentary, supervised daily programming for children 4-12 years old from 9 am to 5 pm and 7:30 pm to 9 pm.
Facilities and Services
What is Joe Merchant’s and how does it work?
- A first of its kind offering, Joe Merchant’s Coffee & Provisions allows guests to customize their in-room refreshment center to their tastes.
- A first of its kind offering, provisions allow guests the freedom to tailor their in-room refreshment center to their individual tastes, including traditional minibar offerings as well as premium beverages, snacks and charcuterie items.
- Points (included in the stay) are loaded onto the wristband (room key) upon check in.
- Points will be given based on room category & number of nights booked, and are redeemable at Joe Merchant’s Coffee & Provisions. (Travelers Club members will receive 20% more points than non-members.)
- The guest can choose whether they want their children to have access to points.
- The Coffee Shop includes complimentary premium coffees, sandwiches, pastries, yogurt bar and ice cream
- For our guests’ convenience, delivery of provisions to the room is available upon request (for $10 USD/service)
- Points are only redeemable at Joe Merchant’s, and expire if not used during the stay.
Does Margaritaville Island Reserve Cap Cana offer parking?
On-property parking is available complimentary for resort guests.
What attractions are nearby?
Punta Espada Golf Course, Eco Park, Cap Cana Marina, Horseback riding, and more.
Does the resort have transportation to and from the airport?
The resort does offer pick up and drop off transportation services at Punta Cana Airport. Please see our Concierge for scheduling and pricing.
Are there connecting rooms?
Yes, in limited quantities and available upon request.