Legal Ceremony in Dominican Republic
This type of ceremony is only performed by a Judge. An Apostille will be required to legalize your marriage in your country of birth/residence if you want it to be recognized as legal once you return home. You do this by registering your marriage certificate at your local City Hall. Legal ceremonies can also be combined with a religious one if you choose. This service is performed in Spanish and translated to English by a member of our wedding team.
REQUIREMENTS FOR A LEGAL CEREMONY IN THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
- Valid Passport is required.
- Please bring your original birth certificate (Provided by your country's government).
- Declarations of Single Status (Provided by the Dominican Consulate Office in the country state you currently reside in).
- Translation to Spanish by an Official Translator of all documents presented, also, those should have an Apostille Seal.
- The Apostille Seal is necessary when issuing a document from one country to another for legal purposes. For information on how to obtain the Apostille Seal, please contact the Secretary of State Office or visit: http://travel.state.gov/law/judicial/judicial_2545.html
- 2 Witnesses. Must be arrive 3 business days prior to ceremony. Witnesses must be 18 years or older. If Witnesses are not available. Hotel will provide them at no extra charge. Please consider direct family members cannot be witnesses.
- Bride/Groom and Witnesses need to be present during the onsite meeting with the Wedding Coordinator.
**Please note: Couples who require a Non Shared Assets Marriage status will be required to bring their own prenuptial agreement. It should be apostilled or legalized for those countries who are not included in the Hague Convention.
*** Once ceremony takes place, onsite wedding team will ship the marriage certificate 30 days after their wedding.
**** For Canadian couples, birth certificate and Single status certificate should be legalized in their Dominican Republic Consulate.
**NATIONAL HOLIDAYS AND SUNDAYS NOT AVAILABLE FOR LEGAL WEDDINGS**